New toilet to existing soil waste.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi starting to test fit our new bathroom in place but run into a little issue. First bathroom i have done so be gentle.
The pictures should show it all .

IMAG0616.jpg

This is the existing waste and new toilet close up. As you can see the soil comes in at an odd angle.

IMAG0617.jpg

The toilet is a very close fit height wise but the angle is incorrect. Also even lifting the toilet up at angle i find the fitting is awful loose.

After a quick measurement i see the soil connection is 4.5"
IMAG0623.jpg

Im guessing a pan connector will make up the existing 1/2"?

Would i get away with this?

mcalpine-flexible-pan-connector-40005058-533-p.jpg

Issue is i am concern this would push the toilet further away from the wall more than id like. Soil stack is cast rather than plastic. Replacing is not an option im afraid.

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This will more likely do you better an offset pan connector.
WC-CON7A_tv8.jpg

Whats the diameter of the waste pipe not the flange.

Just measure in mm this time. appox 110mm.

I would rather not grind back if i can but if need be.
I assume these pan fitting's just fit in the collar? There relatively cheap from toolstation so happy to try fitment if need be.

I have seen these
viva-20mm-offset-pan-4710-1700_zoom.jpg

The offset would have to be slightly lower than the stack so assume this may not flush away very well?

Or there's this 14 degree one?

L3385.jpg

Should i bother with the 20mm offset?

Thank you for your replies guys.Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The top ones no good thats just an offset.
The bottom ones an angled offset come in 20/40mm offsets.
You'll need to remove the flange or you won't get it into the pipe.

you need the angled one as seco said, the reason the old one is loose is that the rubber has stretched, i always replace the multiquik/pan connector when i fit a new pan

Thank you guys.
I have just removed the inner plastic sleeve leaving just the cast soil and collar.
Far more clear now. It does look like i maybe able to fit this fitting inside dependent on depth of collar to pleated section. Otherwise will hacksaw a section back.
L3385.jpg
And the edges butt up to the cast collar.

Hope that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back