Soil Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I plan to install a new bathroom suite but need to move the toilet from its existing position to fit everything in. The toilet is currently on a side facing outside wall and is connected straight to the soil stack outside. I plan to move the toilet to a front facing outside wall so need to re-route the soil waste around one corner to connect to the soil stack. The total distanc from the new position to the soil stack is about 1.8 metres and i would be grateful of any ideas on how to go about this.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Take it straight outside, along the wall to a 90 then to the existing stack. Of course the T into the stack will need to be lowered. What sort of stack do you have - plastic or iron?

One way or the other, you will have to make sure you achieve the correct downwards angle of the waste pipe, not too little and not too much.
Would strongly recommend to remember installing sufficient rodding access.
Alteration in the waste like this is a notifiable job as well I reckon, I recommend you check with building control.

Alteration in the waste like this is a notifiable job as well I reckon, I recommend you check with building control.
Never would have thought that to be honest, since not changing the purpose of the room nor any underground drainage. But am happy to bow to your fuller knowledge with these matters.

Sponsored Links
If you are not experienced with this stuff, you are probably best off finding a good, local RGI and ask him to service the boiler, check over the system and repair the fault. You get better value for money that way and a bit of money invested now, might save you big bills later on.
On of the first things I recommend when the condition of the heating system is unknown, is to check that it is clean.
Corrosion in the system is the biggest boiler killer.

edit

don't know why this post appeared here.

Never would have thought that to be honest, since not changing the purpose of the room nor any underground drainage. But am happy to bow to your fuller knowledge with these matters.
Wouldn't call myself an expert on waste work, I avoid doing it as I think it is a $hit job.
From what I understood about it, anything adding new waste pipes is notifiable. Not entirely sure if this qualifies as such, hence my advice to check. If LBA finds out the job had to be notified but wasn't, and they are not happy with it, they can be a right pain about it.

Thanks guys.
I would prefer to keep the re-routing of the waste inside as taking it straight out would be a bit unsightly at the front of the house. How much "fall2 would be required over a run of nearly 2 meteres if i kept it indoors?

Take it straight outside, along the wall to a 90 then to the existing stack. Of course the T into the stack will need to be lowered. What sort of stack do you have - plastic or iron?

i have a plastic stack

The usual recommendation is 1 in 40. That's one Inch per Metre, if you don't mind the mixed units.

Some would consider using a wooden plinth under the base of the pan to raise it an inch or so.

If you are laying 12mm ply then tiling the floor, that will probably lift the pan about an inch, maybe a tad more.

Thanks Tickly.
If i wish to run the extra soil pipe inside and box it in then would a right-angled pan connector be available?

1 in 40 is fine for bath waste, I'd have a bit more than that for a bog personally if half feasible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back