New TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought some TRVs to replace manual rad valves. I fitted the head to the body to check them out before installing. I found that even with the head set to max the plunger in the valve was firmly pressed into the close position. It was a warm day, my thermometer read 25. But they are supposed to support a temperature up to 28C. Should the collar be fully tightened normally, or is this supposed to be only partially tightened as a calibration? If it is normal to fully tighten the collar should there still be a visible gap at 25C, with the dial set to max? Are they faulty and should I return them? This is for a bathroom so I want to be able to make the towel rail hot when taking a shower. I expected setting it to max to allow water to flow even in warm weather.

Sponsored Links
Are these posh electronic trv heads or boring manual ones? And have you tried blowing through the valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back