New uPVC Windows With Timber Surround And Sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to create a new window to match the existing windows (as per the picture below). The hole is ready and the lintel has been installed. I have a couple of questions in regards to fitting the window:

1. Should I install cavity closers (such as these) to the bottom and sides of the cavity wall where the window will be fitted?

2. As I will be installing timber around the perimeter between the new uPVC window and the brickwork, is there anything I should consider during the installation? Or is it merely a case of screwing the new timber to the brickwork? Should I place a DPC (if not using cavity closers with a DPC built in) between the brickwork and the timber?

3. Where is the best place to purchase a wooden window sill which will match the existing sills?

4. Should the new uPVC window be screwed into the brickwork (and through the timber)? Or is it sufficient to screw it into the timber?

Sponsored Links
Anyone able to offer some advice or answers to any of the above questions? Would very much appreciate your time :).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back