Fixing upvc window to upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fixing a upvc window which is half height of door(brick left side) to a upvc door(brick right side) with concrete lintel above.
1.Does the window just have couple screws on left side into brickwork, or is it ok to screw up thru dpm into concrete lintel?
2.Was going to join the two simply with screws and cap with plastic trim edging-is this sufficient?.
3.Does the back edge of pvc frame run flush with back edge of external brick?
4.Can i get away with rockwool cavity batts or kingspan as a cavity closer?
5. Is it best to have the internal and external brickwork at the same height where the window will be?

Sponsored Links
1/ Fix window into the brick wall then screw through the window into the dood before you fit the glass in the window, be sure not to put screws in the bead track of the window as it'll be difficult to fit the beads.
DPM above door and window??? Explain!

2/ Afterwards just run a bead of silicone down the joint and cap off with 25mm d-mould

3/ Yes

4/ Can't see a problem with this

5/ Yes, then glue, screw or silicone down your internal window board onto the brick, this should but up to the back of the pvc window cill so all your left seeing is the window profile

DPM above door/window is refering to damp course across the cavity and under the lintel-don't think i should screw up into this tho. Just seems that the window is only going to be attached to the brickwork on the one side - will have a look into the fixing bars thanks

Sponsored Links
if you are fitting these frames prior to plastering internally.dont screw throught the window board.get a few owletts and correctly screw them up from underneath and then place several nails/scvrews around them in the blockwork prior to plastering.this way you have no ugly holes to fill.

DPM above door/window is refering to damp course across the cavity and under the lintel-don't think i should screw up into this tho. Just seems that the window is only going to be attached to the brickwork on the one side - will have a look into the fixing bars thanks

Shouldn't be a problem as the frame is pvc anyway, just one screw probably in the window should be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back