New Vaillant timeSWITCH 150 not working as expected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The timeswitch on my Vaillant boiler packed up recently so this afternoon I bought and installed a new one. Followed the instructions, and although I can turn the heating on manually (when the dial is set to on) the timer itself isn't ticking, which is exactly why I carried out a replacement.

I switched off the boiler, took out the new one and sprayed some air into the sockets, re-installed it and set the timer up again, but again no change, it will not tick.

Does what I'm describing suggest something happening with connections further inside the boiler and if so does anyone have an idea? I'm loathe to call out a plumber if I can fix this myself.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Set it to a time and leave it for an hour, new clocks should be pretty quiet/silent so leave it and see if it is moving.

Should have mentioned, I did that when first installed. Set the time and returned 30/40 minutes later but it didn't move a whisker. Then tried a second time with the same result.

Hi, just bumping this in case anyone has a suggestion or idea on what might be happening? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The internal mechanical clock usually has 4 wires, a live and Neutral that make the motor rotate the clock and a com and NO which switch the boiler on and off, you need to check that you have the correct voltage on the terminals for the motor

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The internal mechanical clock usually has 4 wires, a live and Neutral that make the motor rotate the clock and a com and NO which switch the boiler on and off, you need to check that you have the correct voltage on the terminals for the motor

These have pins, but assuming they are similar in operation?

I've had problems with my Vaillant Boiler (ecotec pro24) time clock a couple of times. First time it happened I just bought another clock online and fitted it. It worked fine for a few months. Then it started playing its old games and began to lose time so it came on at bizarre times in the night etc. I signed up with British Gas and they came round and serviced the boiler and changed the Time switch. This took about one minute. A couple of weeks later it was back to its old tricks. Losing time. It was about this time I noticed that the Timer went wrong when the water pressure dropped below the required level. After I topped it up it worked fine and has done ever since. So, my advice is to be super aware of the water level in your boiler and check it if your Timer starts misbehaving!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back