New vehicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps

I am about to change my company car and have narrowed down the list of 90-odd vehicles to a shortlist of 4. Whilst I can appreciate this is a highly subjective decision, I was wondering whether anybody had any good or bad experiences of the following:

1. Peugeot 607 HDI (terrible depreciation but not my problem)
2. Nissan Primera 2.2dCI SVE estate (loaded with goodies)
3. Toyota Corolla Verso T-Spirit (dvd player and screens in the headrests)
4. Ford Mondeo TDci 130 Ghia (hatch or estate - bit boring though)

Natural choice is the Verso as I have 2 kids, but the VW Sharan I will be replacing only has me in it for 99% of the journeys I undertake (to work and back), hence I am not overly keen on another MPV.

I look forward to being bombarded with your guidance.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Well, in terms of driving they all sound as dull as ditchwater, for cabin noise, the Toyota sounds good..... The DVD will keep the little angels quiet, hopefully.

Eddie M said:
Well, in terms of driving they all sound as dull as ditchwater, for cabin noise, the Toyota sounds good..... The DVD will keep the little angels quiet, hopefully.

I quite agree - unlikely to set the world on fire but my decision in terms of arriving at a shortlist has been driven (no pun intended) by a desire on my part to pay as little as possible to HM Treasure/Inland Revenue via BIK tax, hence anything with a remotely powerful petrol engine/auto gearbox has been ditched. It is no coincidence that the above list are all boring diesels......

I would & did rather have a car I want to drive & pay tax than drive a car that I wasnt 100% happy & still pay tax, be it not so much, so its down to

Nice Car - Boring Car = How much tax difference..

But as you say its a personal thing.

Sponsored Links
Never tried one myself but has anyone any thoughts on the Vectra cdti estate? Not bad looking, spacious, 150 PS and 6 speed should go reasonably well for a diesel, they are also Euro 4 compliant so should be OK for company car tax.

The V6 180 PS version must be nice and torquey for a diesel.

Back