New washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been asked before - I did search but none of the results were what i'm after.

Our new washing machine (bosch) is cold fill only (ie: one hose) our old washing machine was hot and cold feed (two hose). The hoses were connected with a Y connector but now i only need one of the outlets.

Is it a case of getting a screw on cap to put on the superfluous outlet? Is there anything else I should do? (bearing in mind my plumbing skills are limited)

Sponsored Links
Assuming this is not a wind up; do I understand you correctly ?
For your old machine you took the cold feed, split it with a Y connector and from that fed both the hot and cold input to the old hot and cold fill machine (nothing wrong with that).
Now you have a cold fill only machine and are asking, should you put an end stop on one of the hoses coming from the Y connector and use the other to supply the cold fill machine ?

If that is the case :eek: Why not just remove the Y connector and the 2 old machine feed pipes and feed the machine directly with the cold feed that went to the Y connector ?

As i did not plumb the old one in (t'was a professional what done it) I assumed the Y connector was a fairly integral part of the plumbing (ie: not something you could just take off) I have now taken it off and installed the new washing machine.

Thanks anyway for the advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back