new windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hoping an expert in the field can help here

with all the adverts about 3 panels of glass and 5 chambers etc

are these all waffle,what are the main criteria when replacing windows

Sponsored Links
with all the adverts about 3 panels of glass and 5 chambers etc are these all waffle
Can you be a little more specific; if your referring to Triple Shield coating, I believe it’s just a competitors ‘K’ glass with knobs on. By 5 chambers, I assume you mean in the plastic profile? This is an attempt to create a better thermal break but, I guess, it will also help make the profile more stable & rigid.

I suppose all these small advances help but weather or not it makes any difference in reality, I’ve no idea; you may also find that your paying a hefty price for it but if the difference is minimal, I suppose you may as well have them as not!

what are the main criteria when replacing windows
Minimum standards are stipulated by Building Regs, & all manufacturers products will comply with these; here’s another site that may help;
http://www.windowinfo.co.uk/double-glazing.asp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back