Newbie :- Contrete Garden Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All

Thanks for any Advise and Help

So we recently bought a new \ old house, the back garden was all decking and there was just water sitting on top of it all the time,

It was just lethal to walk on and I want a garden my little one can actually play on. I also had concerns about what was underneath the deacking as it raised the garden up a fair bit and half covered went that would let the house breath.

See attached pictures to what I found underneath,

my main concern is the white stuff on the wall?, is there a lot of water behind it , how long will the structure remain stable.

Also the drainage looks dire and not working, the sink away (I think is in middle as a small tunnel going out to the right somewhere(not a pipe) I need to trace.

behind the wall is a house with decking starting about head height, so between out garden floor and head height I have no idea whats behind it,.

behind there garden is a hill , so the water must come down, or some if it, the next door to me gardens are flood with the arrival of the house behind us and they will be putting in new drainage , but at a higher level.

my end goal is to sort out the drainage, reconcrete, astro turf?

but how do I handle the water etc behind the wall

Sorry new to gardening and drainage, I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any assistance or advice.

I had problems adding images so , I added them to onedrive a well

http://1drv.ms/1D9tGws

Sponsored Links
I'd be pretty confident the white stuff is just salt and mineral deposits caused by a steady trickle of water and nothing to worry about.

You are in an unfortunate position of being at the base of a hill with development above you. Drainage will always be an issue and its a little bit of a can of worms.

You have no control of what omes at you so you just need to make the best of it.

Is there a retaining wall under or behind the fence?

I would guess the solution will be a linear drain all along the boundary to capture any water that makes its way in.

Thanks for replying :)

Yea the fence is bolted to the actual wall.

so I should dig a trench in front of the wall on our side and install from drainage pipes to run the water off?

it wont naturally dry , as it's kind of enclosed

again thanks for posting appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back