Newbie - coolbox aircon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

My first post.
I went to a festival last year in August and the tent got ridiculously warm. Going again this year so decided to have a Google on some solutions to the problem.

What I think will work best is a coolbox turned into "air con" in essence a coolbox with ice in, a computer fan to pull the air in and an exhaust the cooler air comes out of.

Now a few issues. Running the fan, solar panel perhaps. That'd be fine in the day but not at night. So would need possibly a power bank that'd be charged in the day and run the fan at night.

On the videos and guides I've seen the fan pulls the air into the box. Then the pressure forces air out the exhaust.
Was wondering if anyone knows why they do it this was as opposed to
1. An inlet hole, with a fan pushing the air out.
2. An inlet fan and an outlet fan.

Also an interesting addition I could make. If air flows through a wide gap then narrows to a shorter gap ( cut a 2 litre bottle in half, air goes in the big bit then out where the lid goes) the air accelerates and apparently cools. They have started using this in hot countries where they have small huts. And get a couple of degree difference, that's just air passing through naturally though.

If anyone has any advice or tips that'd be great.

Sponsored Links
You have to be carefully with swamp coolers as they can be great spreaders of legionnaires disease, also they increase the humidity in the house which on hot days will make you feel warmer as you sweat less efficiently.

Interesting post, I've always suffered in sweat silence thinking the only option would be to cover the tent in space blankets. Can you link to the videos you've seen?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back