Newbie needs shower help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can help me! I have moved from the comparative civilization of Cardiff to the wild valleys of South Wales. In so doing I ahve had my first encounter with anthracite fired central heating. The bathroom of my house lacks a power shower so I went off and bought one of these - http://www.kabw.com/products/35/23 which I thought was a standard power shower. Now however it appears to not be a selfheating device and will need a seperate hot water supply. Can anyone tell me why I can't use it with a combi boiler? I suspect thats what I have in the house although being from the southern hemisphere I wouldnt know what a combi boiler was if it hit me in the chops with a wet kipper!

Hopefully someone can answer my question!

TIA

Sponsored Links
You need to tell us exactly what sort of system you have. An anthracite fired combi boiler sounds unlikely.

As for your power shower, did you read the blurb? -
Under no circumstances should this unit be used ...... where hot water is delivered via a combination boiler.

Sounds like you need a proper plumber.

chrishutt said:
You need to tell us exactly what sort of system you have. An anthracite fired combi boiler sounds unlikely.

As for your power shower, did you read the blurb? -
Under no circumstances should this unit be used ...... where hot water is delivered via a combination boiler.

Sounds like you need a proper plumber.

Chris I dont intend doing any plumbing work myself, however, being new to the world of coal fired heating etc I am at a bit of a loss and was just curious as to whether I would be able to use the shower panel I had bought.

Time to speak to the landlord about exactly what sort of boiler that is!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back