NEWLY SKIMMED ROOM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just trying to finish off a back bedroom. We've had the bedroom skimmed to clean up the walls. I've left it about a week now and the plaster is all a uniform dry colour. SOOoo now I want to paint it. My girl friend went out and bought Dulux Rich Matt (pure brilliant white) for the ceiling and Dulux one coat rich matt (nutmeg) for the walls. After doing some research I've found these are not to be painted onto plaster. So I've bought some Dulux Trade Super matt. What I was planning on doing is painting the whole room with this super matt doing one coat with 3 parts paint to 1 part water. Then a coat with 1 part water and 5 paint and then I was going to paint the walls with the one coat rich matt (nutmeg). Does this sound like a viable plan or have I got it all wrong - looking for some expert advice.

Thanks,
Tony

Sponsored Links
The first initial coat wants to be thinned by about 20% and will act as a mist coat to help seal the wall and stop the porosity for further coats. Rubbing down and filling can be done after this coat. if your putting Dulux Once on the walls then this will have to be thinned as this works very thick and is the reason why it is supposed to go in one coat. Better two thinner coats to be honest. The ceiling can be thinned by about 10 % for the second coat and the the third if needed. :LOL:

Thanks for the reply Robbie,

I put a misting coat on and then another coat (5:1) over the whole room. It looks pretty good. i may leave the ceiling like that but the walls I;m going to put the one coat on as we've bought it and its the colour we want. You reckon i should mix it with water? What sort of ration do you think is good? I thought the one coat was not good to water down.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back