Nicholas Lyndhurst aka Rodney to join new Frasier show

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you don't watch Frasier or Fools and Horses. But it is good that Lyndhurst's comic acting talents have been recognised across the pond, particularly after his family tragedy. I won't start a poll but IMO he is a genius.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Frasier in the early days was excellent but slipped down the pan towards the end to become unwatchable.

I enjoyed it all the way through.

Daphnes mother and brother were very irritating, I must admit
Daphne's mother is easily the most annoying charecter on the show...and it was very odd how they showed British culture. Awash with cliche i could never work out if they were joking or parodying the American perception of Merrye Olde Englande.
It was brilliant at the beginning and tailed off towards the end, as all long-running shows do but it still had moments; like the oil spill and 'heaving the chair off the balcony'.

Sponsored Links
Won't be the same without John Mahoney :( I think he made the show
I don't think any of the characters from the original show will be in the reboot. I won't watch it because it just won't be the same. And i don't get Paramount+ either.

Kelsey Grammer is in (has to be!) and he 'hopes' the others will return. They can't be recast so if they don't come back they'd have to change scripts and storylines. Not sure the project will ever come to be!

I've never really watched US comedy programs, I always found them 'diluted' or shallow, compared to home-grown ones.

Kelsey obviously short of $$$ due to alimony payments etc.

Nicholas Lyndhurst was good in OFAH.

This won't end well in terms of the quality of the tv prog, however they'll all earn a decent pay cheque from it.

The american office and parks and recreation both derived from the uk office. A lot of us comedy is character based, and it takes several episodes to get to know them.

Blup

Kelsey obviously short of $$$ due to alimony payments etc.

Nicholas Lyndhurst was good in OFAH.

This won't end well in terms of the quality of the tv prog, however they'll all earn a decent pay cheque from it.
It seems he's following in John Cleese's footsteps.
Cheers began forty years ago and KG has never been much good in playing any other character.
He was in a Star Trek: TNG episode once and all i could think was 'how did Frasier end up as a starship captain?'

Sponsored Links
Back