Nightmare Tenants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you all enjoyed the heat!

I have a tenant who has not paid any rent since November last year, red flags started going when the agent told me she's single with kids but emotion got the better of me and I allowed her to take the house. She has only made two payments in November and nothing ever since. What options can I take? Can I issues a CCJ against her? Any ideas guys?

The agent did not take a guarantor form and I do not think he even did a credit check or anything :(

Sponsored Links
This is a very tricky ,you need to instruct a recognised company to come to a resolution with your tenant .

Doing it yourself has so many pit falls,all you can do yourself is to offer the tenant hard cash to end the tenancy early,again the tenant will have more knowledge that yourself. dont visit the property on your own take a witness.

Hope it all works out. good luck.

If you watch the TV prog about bailiffs you need to go to the High Court then you can evict them sooner.

Hi guys, hope you all enjoyed the heat!
Yes, thanks.

I have a tenant who has not paid any rent since November last year, red flags started going when the agent told me she's single with kids but emotion got the better of me and I allowed her to take the house.
There is a difference between widowed, even divorced, or that's just what she does.
You'll learn.

She has only made two payments in November and nothing ever since.
You're way over the time when you should have started proceedings.
It's even more galling if she has been receiving rent in benefit which the stupid buggers at the DHSS pay to the tenant instead of the landlord.

What options can I take? Can I issues a CCJ against her? Any ideas guys?
Was it a six month agreement? Ending soon?
https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/overview

The agent did not take a guarantor form and I do not think he even did a credit check or anything :(
Agents are immune from any consequences but you can have a good moan to them.

Sponsored Links
Yes, thanks.

There is a difference between widowed, even divorced, or that's just what she does.
You'll learn.

You're way over the time when you should have started proceedings.
It's even more galling if she has been receiving rent in benefit which the stupid buggers at the DHSS pay to the tenant instead of the landlord.

Was it a six month agreement? Ending soon?
https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/overview

Agents are immune from any consequences but you can have a good moan to them.

Well she moved closer to be next to the kids dad as his excuse was your too far for me too see the kids.... she is receiving House Benefits I know this for a fact. Yes six months agreement which expired in February. Had a good moan at the agents, they got there cut so they not bothered.

Just get the court to order her out. She will receive a CCJ.

It happens all the time but all anyone hears about is the despicable landlords.

Not easy, but don't take it to heart. Good luck.

Just get the court to order her out. She will receive a CCJ.

It happens all the time but all anyone hears about is the despicable landlords.

Not easy, but don't take it to heart. Good luck.

So you reckon going straight to a CCJ? I was in the process of filling out the forms but thought ill ask for advice

There is a defined process you have to go through. Probably best to see a solicitor. Sorry it's irritating but you don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

There is a defined process you have to go through. Probably best to see a solicitor. Sorry it's irritating but you don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

Yeah its just difficult to find the right advice.

Yeah its just difficult to find the right advice.

Sure, but you won't find / shouldn't trust advice on this forum on legal matters such as this, as I said it is a defined process, not adhering to it can get you in a lot of bother.

Sure, but you won't find / shouldn't trust advice on this forum on legal matters such as this, as I said it is a defined process, not adhering to it can get you in a lot of bother.

Yes i suppose, thank you

WTF? You need to get on the ball if you're going to get along as a landlord. Anyway, get yourself on the forums of landlordzone or similar, forget anything else you read on this forum. Except for this post! :p

Edit: and Eddie's.

WTF? You need to get on the ball if you're going to get along as a landlord. Anyway, get yourself on the forums of landlordzone or similar, forget anything else you read on this forum. Except for this post! :p

Edit: and Eddie's.

ahaha dont start -____-

Sponsored Links
Back