Nissan Micra 2004

Hi guys I've had a guy out today to gain access to the car I've never had to use the key in the door before on the passenger side I've always just used the fob the fob wouldn't work cause the car battery was dead he managed to get the bonnet open to put jump leads on the battery and open the car doors he's checked the passenger side door lock and said it's broke (not connected) to the lock so will need sorting at some point? I'm not savvy enough to understand the problem but from what he's said the passenger door is a whole different problem to the ones it already seems to have ‍♀️ but I have access to inside the car again and ordered a new part for the ignition to fix the steering lock problem if that works brill I'll sort the battery and passenger door once I know the steering lock can finally be released if it doesn't I've decided the car with it's age and problems isn't worth the repairs it will need and will end up being scrapped! Thank you for all your replies and ideas this far you've helped a single mum with not much insight on cars so thanks again xx

Glad to hear there's been some progress. As with the others, I'm also puzzled as to why the key didn't work when you put it in the driver's door lock. When the guy put the jump leads on, how did he open the driver's door? Did he use the remote fob, or the key?

Also, with your steering lock, what part have you ordered? If it's a new ignition switch barrel, you might be in for quite a big job. Often (as an anti-theft measure), they are held on by "shear bolts" (where the head of the bolt snaps off once it is tight, so that thieves can't just unscrew the steering lock if they break into the car). Such bolts can be very difficult to remove. Do you have someone lined up to do the job when the part arrives?

Sponsored Links
Back