Nissan Micra startup problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a N reg Nissan Micra which has problems starting particularly in cold weather.

The AA have said it is something to do with the amount of petrol that is needed to start the engine and that this varies with the outside temperature.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this problem. I know very little about cars.

Sponsored Links
azizrasul said:
I have a N reg Nissan Micra which has problems starting particularly in cold weather.

The AA have said it is something to do with the amount of petrol that is needed to start the engine and that this varies with the outside temperature.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this problem. I know very little about cars.

is my car doin alright on fuel consumption?

azizrasul said:

well then there is nothin wrong with your car

i hope you noticed i was talkin about my car..

Sponsored Links
Hi yes it does happen from time to time,they have a problem with flooding and you have to remove fuel pump fuse to start them,how excactly is it starting?need to know to give better advice.jim.

I resolve the problem by removing the fuse as u suggest. However the AA man said it is possible to readjust the temperature setting. Trying to find out how?

How often does the car struggle to start? there is a sensor on the engine call therm tim sensor,this determines how much fuel the engine needs dependant on temp. you could try fitting a new one and see how you go.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The sensor is call the thermo time switch.

please note 10a which is here

Sponsored Links
Back