no answer from the garden section DECKING HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The joists and beams are all 6x2, the boards are 120mmx32mm, the post are all 4x4 and to be set into a post crete found.

Im a plumber and this is my first effort at deck building just wanted a second opinion thank!!!! View media item 30628

Sponsored Links
long time hopefully ha ha!! sorry what are soldiers? oh and its being built on a lawn that slopes away left to right about 1ft

Soldiers are short concrete posts that you set in the ground and bolt the timber posts to.
I built an arbor in the garden of the last house I lived in and used 3x3 protimised timbers concreted in .10 years after putting it in we came to sell the house and the new buyer said he would be looking to take it down but was happy for us to remove it and take it away. So we did. The timbers sat in the ground were as good as the day they had gone in and I simply re-erected the arbor at the new house. :D

Sponsored Links
do you usually have 200-500kgs of soil nocking around then or did you have to pick some up :)

OP find your lowest point you will be able to get all your level/falls from.
plan everything right down to the last screw and you will fly through it.

"i say sir, SIR can i please have 2462 screws please and 3 bits :)

soldiers?

round here we call those "concrete spurs"

I like to paint mine with dark brown masonry paint so they blend in with the stained timber.

What is the decking board dead center going to be screwd to?
I would be tempted to remove 1 of the joists in the middle.

I thought I would put noggins in in line with the joists between the two centre beam, I was thinking if I just had the one centre beam it would be alot of joists to hang on one beam?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back