No boiler pressure/new bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had my bathroom revamped with a complete new suite and bath installed where previously I had a shower unit. On completion I asked the plumber why the water pressure wasn't as good as in the handbasin and other taps downstairs. He said it was just becasue of the distance the water had to travel but other than that didn't have any suggestions. Two days later I noticed the pressure on the boiler had drastically gone down from about 1.4 bars to 0.4. Having not noticed whether the plumbers had simply not filled the system enough after they had drained the radiators I increased the water pressure myself. It stayed at this level for two more days but now has gone back to 0.4/0.2 today. Also when I fill the bath from the hot tap when the radiators are on they go cold until I turn the hot tap off. What's going on? The plumber who fitted the bathroom says its a boiler problem & the plumber who fitted the boiler said it's the guy who fitted the bathroom who should sort it. Meanwhile I daren't turn the heating on in case there's a leak somewhere (I've been on the receiving end of a leak in my last boiler which killed the circuit board!)
:evil:
The boiler is a BIASI combi boiler (sorry -don't know model - I'm at work at the moment) and is only 6 months old.

HELP!

Sponsored Links
who was last to work on heating system.i:e boiler,rads,pipework,valves

The last person to work on the plumbing was the ones that installed the bathroom (last week).

call them and ask them to return as heating system seems to have a leak on it since they worked on it.

Sponsored Links
If it's a combi boiler its usual for the rads to receive no heat while the bath is filling.

If it's a cheapie 24kW combi it'll take 15 minutes or so to fill a bath.

If it's a cheapie Biasi 24kW combi just be thankful it's working :eek:

Sounds like you have the same quality fitters as the boiler!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back