No brick above windows to attach to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my old single glazing with UPVC. I recently did my soffits and fascias and while I had access to the eves, I noticed that my current windows don't have a brick line above them. The outside wall ends at the same height as the windows and the soffit rests on the top of the window frame. I've not seen this before.

So, can I do the same with UPVC and just attach at the edges and bottom or will I need to add a cross support to attach the top of the window to?

Thanks,
(very confused) Stu

Sponsored Links
No just measure upto the underneath of the soffit like the existing, if the soffit reaches back far enough you can put fixings through the frame into the soffit, depending on thickness of frame you'll probably need 80/90mm self tappers, not frame anchors

Excellent, thanks. The soffits go back far enough. I made sure they did when I fitted them :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back