No central heating but have hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my central heating. I have an old Baxi boiler gravity fed system with pumped central heating, however I have recently undertaken a full rewire of my property and its only this old boiler system that has caused a headache.

Everything is wired correctly, the hot water works, the timer programming works, etc. It's only the central heating side that doesn't work.

The pump (brand new, 1 day old, Wilo unit) gets power, you can hear it running, however all it is doing is pumping cold water to the radiators. The thermostat is set to 30'C (for a test) and everything I have tried has resulted in cold radiators. (draining the system, bleeding the radiators, pump, etc)

I'm lost as to what to do next, please help! I will more than happily post photographs of my system as required.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Who done the rewire? Do you know for a fact the motorised valve is wired right?

Sponsored Links
It amuses me how people can be so sure things are wired correctly even when the operation clearly shows that there is a fault.

Include a picture of the wiring centre as that will help some people who have time to assess whats seen there,

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back