no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i've just fitted an additional radiator for a relative.Drained down the indirect system ok,fitted rad,refilled system and bled radiators.Now i cannot get the rads to heat up even though the hot water is ok.Have drained about 5 buckets of water out of system trying to dislodge any airlocks, but still no luck.Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
CAN you check mzv ,and try turning h/water off by gate valve on circs ay cylinder and see if it will push through

Hi Alan,i checked motorized valve and can feel the needle move when switched between hot water and heating so i feel that is ok.Which hot water valve is that :confused:

Have you not got a valve in cylinder cupboard with red wheel head,on the 2 ,22mm pipes coming from the side of your cylinder,they are your hot water circs and normally have a valve on so you can control the amount of water going through your circs so the rads dont get robbed,i guess you cant have heating only you need to have h/w on as well

Sponsored Links
Ok now i know which valve you mean.Can switch hot water off on timer control box inside airing cupboard.Hope that works.Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back