No CH/No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

We moved into our house in July and have not had any problems getting hot water. Recently we've been using the central heating more and more, but this has also been fine.
Suddenly, there is a warning light for low pressure and the boiler wont heat anything.
I thought about bleeding the radiators, but now I doubt if this will help as the problem seems to be with the boiler itself not the radiators.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Vanessa

It sounds like you have a combination boiler. There will be a feed from the mains to the boiler which you need to open to allow more water in to get the pressure up, then close again.
Boilers vary in how they measure and display the pressure so read the manual or the instructions on the boiler itself so that you know how much water to let in. In my experience with various combis it only take a few seconds to get the pressure up. And you don't want to overdo it.

The mains feed should be obvious with a stock valve on it. Very possibly a red circular 'handle'. But not necessarily!

Good luck
Mary

Before you go increasing the pressure, release all the pressure and check the expansion vessel air pressure. There are plenty of posts on this forum of how to do it. Search for "filling loop" and "expansion vessel". Failure of the expansion vessel can give this symptom.[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back