No cold water coming out of bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise why there is no cold water coming out of my mums bathroom sink?

I turn the tap fully left or right and only drips seem to come out.

Its about time the whole sink was replaced but until then is there a solution?

Also where is the best place to get a new pedestal basin, toilet and maybe shower unit, might rip out the bath as its old.

Many thanks Darren

Sponsored Links
You do not say but I will guess that the supply to the bath and WC come from the same pipe and are working OK.

So probably a faulty tap.

If you take it apart as if to change the washer you might find a clip or nut has come off the spindle or something like that.

If it is fed from a tank in the loft, which has no cover on it, there might be drowned wildlife clogging something.

The house has no central heating and from what i know the little coal fire in the kitchen sends hot air upstairs and heats the tank. This then comes back downstairs as the bathroom is downstairs.

That tank is in an airing cupboard i don't know if there is a CWSC in the loft or whether its all mains fed, because i don't think there are any taps upstairs just the kitchen sink and in the bathroom on the bath and wash basin.

SO is it a matter of turning off the service valve to that cold tap and then take the tap apart or can i do it without turning the service valve off.

Many thanks

little coal fire in the kitchen sends hot air upstairs and heats the tank.
Either a hobbit's done the plumbing or things aren't how they appear to you.
Yes if you take a tap apart without turning off its supply you may experience increased moisture.

Sponsored Links
go on then how to they appear to you?

I know that if the fire has not been lit in the day then there is no hot water as simple as that so obviously the fire is responsible for the heating of the water it is just the same as what a heat exchanger would do.

dazmanplumber";p="879606 said:
go on then how to they appear to you?

I know that if the fire has not been lit in the day then there is no hot water as simple as that so obviously the fire is responsible for the heating of the water it is just the same as what a heat exchanger would do.[/
quote]

PRICELESS :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

my girlfriend sometimes gets increased moisture!!! only when its my lucky day tho!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

if your not sure mate, get someone to look at it as you dont want a sudden increased moisture level in the room lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back