no dhw on ferroli optima 701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have issue with a ferroli 701 optima boiler. The boiler does not fire up when hot water tap switched on.. ie no DHW. However central heating is working fine, and i am able to use hot water when this is running.
I have looked at diagnostic LED'S as stated in manual. I seem to narrowed it down to 3 things
1) faulty Dhw sensor
2) faulty Dhw flowmeter------ or flow switch?
3) Scaled up heat exchanger? ( not from LED's , but off this forum)

not sure where to go next? i am obviously gong to use a Corgi reg professional to do it. I have policy with BG, but they seem hell bent on me buying a new boiler. I admit i am going to have to replace the boiler as aware it is not a great make. However i am having a extension built soon and rather do CH system then. Please could any of professionals out there give me some much appreciated advice. I just don't want to give BG the satisfaction of taking me for a ride. I am going to give my business to good independent plumber.
cheers
:eek:
sorry forgot to mention that cold water intel valve was leaking, ie staying open, i replaced that as water wa dripping from outlet drain. Could this valve have damaged flow meter?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the inlet filter is not blocked left side of flow meter first then I would suspect the flow meter.

would appreciate any feedback people as want be aware before BG rip me off for a new boiler.
thanks

I used BG as I was new to the area and knew no one in the trade, very expensive in my experience since. I am a plumber now but not corgi as I don't have the necessary experience to qualify yet.

All I can say is you'll get plenty of good advice from the lads/ladies? on here that are.

Sponsored Links
punkc said:
would appreciate any feedback people as want be aware before BG rip me off for a new boiler.
thanks

Why have you just ignored what gas4you has said....

Hi guys, not ignored what gas4u said, just finding it hard to find filter, can only see flowmeter, which is connected to cold water inlet. I don't doubt the advice given on here, i am not a professional like the lad/ladies on here, so just trying to gather as much input as possible. ie there is no substitute for experience.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back