No downpipe fitted to guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After fitting external cladding over a year ago no downpipe has been fitted to neighbours roof. There is a party wall below and rainwater runs onto bathroom roof. This month bathroom has let in water. Roofer said this absence of downpipe was contributory. Installer of cladding says not. Independent opinions please
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Thank goodness you gave us a picture of a non existent downpipe, I was finding it hard to imagine what a missing downpipe would look like, maybe some pics of the flat roof and its flashings etc would be more useful?

It is a pitched clay tile roof below. The picture is to show how the water is hitting the plastic capping fitted on top of the insulation before disgorging at various rates depending on force of rain

Sponsored Links
The roof you can see is the top of next door's three storey building. The lower levels of the wall form part of this sides first floor bathroom and ground floor kitchen. These are part of a two storey rear extension to a two storey house. I didn't get up there to take the photo; that was courtesy of the roofer who took the pic to show me how the gutter had been left. Rather tricky to see from ground level The extension has been there over twenty years

Who knows if it is causing your water ingress but leaving that outlet like that is nothing short of a disgrace!

You think you have seen it all then another one pops up.

Wont be too long till the new render blows off imo.

That is shocking! I had similar experiences of rainwater incompetence when I had my house cladded last year. I wonder if it was the same company. Do you know which company installed it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back