no drain off valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to drain down all radiators,but no drain off valve has been fitted to the system,any suggestions on how to drain it down,

thanks

Sponsored Links
one off the radiators is removed,im planning on connecting a outside tap to the valve and drain down this way,any other suggestions u guys find a good way

Turn off both valves on a downstairs rad , remove the rad which will be full of water , then drain the system through one of the rad valves with a hose connected to it

have u got pipework under the floorboards downstairs ?...does it just go down to earth ?
some not so thoughtfull folk might say just cut it under the floor ...let it empty andlater make repair.
u could more likely do as previous post or get a self cutting drain off tap and empty that way(but then requires repair and ideally a permanent drain of valve soldering in place where u made the hole)

Sponsored Links
Why drain it?? Just Bung the system, cut the pipe and do what small bit of pipework you need to with compression fittings. It really is very rare I ever have to drain a system these days.

Use a washing machine self cutting tap with a half inch hose. Afterwards fit drain off to T where hole is.

have to agree with harrogate.

A 22mm speedfit cap on the opn vent seems to save me no end of ptfe on the bung. The cold feed can be bunged easily.

My hose decorates the van now unless its a gasket or heat ex change.

Hang on to those inhibitors!

David

got a tip on draining it,get yourself a tap connector and solder the drain off valve to it,screw tap connector to the rad valve,open the drain valve to empty

i found a drain off valve,its exits through the wall outside next to where the boiler is fixed lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back