No fireworks please!!!!

While that may be so, the thread is about pets being disturbed by fireworks

So why are you banging on about dogs barking......oh that's right, you are doing a bit of whataboutery.

Pets are disturbed by the noise from fireworks, it can be very stressful for them, extremely stressful to some. I know somebody whose pet rabbits died from it. I also know somebody whose dog had a heart attack.

It is perfectly fine to point that out, I'm not suggesting fireworks should be stopped.

Sponsored Links
I think you missed the point here about your comparison of noise with guns and fireworks in built up areas :)

Not really, anyway, sure restrict them to certain times of the year, fine, but otherwise as long as being responsibly used, people should stop moaning about them.

Not really, anyway, sure restrict them to certain times of the year, fine, but otherwise as long as being responsibly used, people should stop moaning about them.
To have a shotgun for clay pigeon shooting, you have to apply for a license, then if you are deemed fit to own one, you can then go on an organised shooting range, away from peoples property, and will cause very little distress. Fireworks should be treated in a similar way, a license to buy and let off fireworks, but only in approved settings in an organised way. A great big firework display, lasting an hour or so is so much better than inbred neds letting them off willy nilly whenever and wherever they choose.

Sponsored Links
A generic term, meaning a place where they can shoot legally, be it a shotgun, rifle, pistol or Sherman or Panzer tank.

Yes and fireworks can't legally be set off in public places without a display license. Difference being you don't need a license for home use fireworks, but then you don't need a license (in England) for an air rifle.

So why are you banging on about dogs barking......oh that's right, you are doing a bit of whataboutery.

Pets are disturbed by the noise from fireworks, it can be very stressful for them, extremely stressful to some. I know somebody whose pet rabbits died from it. I also know somebody whose dog had a heart attack.

It is perfectly fine to point that out, I'm not suggesting fireworks should be stopped.

Calm the fook down.
It's General Discussion.

Plus, it's not "whataboutery" n you've just chopped my post to try and have a pop.
It was a valid point ;while some are pizzed off with fireworks, so some are pizzed off with year - round barking, shoite, shoite bags, dogs off leads and out of control.......

Last edited:
f71.gif

I bought a whole load of cat 5 fireworks one year! My neighbour (a few doors down) was instrumental in getting the sale of those banned to the general public by dint of the fact he blew his head off. :(:eek:
12 people died last year in UK from fireworks

y nor Christmas in March, so I’ve signed the petition to ban fireworks for general sale to the public. Most people are responsible and respectful... it’s the few that spoil it for everyone else.
12 people died last year in UK from fireworks

How many died falling out of bed? Out of those 12, how many were the result of fires started by scrotes pushing fireworks through letterboxes etc?

How many died falling out of bed
I have no idea...but none had their head blown off falling out of bed.I just made a point..Personally i do not feel the need to fek around with fireworks.

How many died falling out of bed? Out of those 12, how many were the result of fires started by scrotes pushing fireworks through letterboxes etc?

I hear what you’re saying. When someone commits a serious driving offence for example they are banned, if someone commits an act of cruelty to an animal they are banned from keeping animals. If someone commits an act of abuse and/or assault towards another they are imprisoned and/or banned from making contact with that person.

It’s not the fireworks fault for being amazing to watch as they pop and bang in the sky. It’s those that use them improperly who are spoiling it for everyone else. So how do you ban these ‘scrotes’ from buying/using them? I don’t see how anyone can feasibly enforce that in reality. So, the only other option is to ban them for general sale to the public, as far as I can see.

Sponsored Links
Back