No fireworks please!!!!

Ah, just another dig then. :sleep:

I was asking , until you had a pop yourself. So I responded in kind.

Honestly, one can't even ask a genuine question on here lately, without (specifically, you and Notch) taking the hump.

You posted about the selfishness of those who let off fireworks (fine), then also posted that you hoped barking dogs annoyed them.

Respect and sociability is a two - way street.

Sponsored Links
Right now there are a load of fireworks going off where I live as there was last night... I don’t have a problem with it, I like it because it’s the weekend that follows Bonfire night... it’s normal to me.

My issue is that it starts weeks beforehand and yesterday I almost lost parts of my body as did the dog from someone letting one off at body level in the street where I was walking. I live in the UK for goodness sake, I’m not signed up with the army in Afghanistan.

Sponsored Links
Right now there are a load of fireworks going off where I live as there was last night... I don’t have a problem with it, I like it because it’s the weekend that follows Bonfire night... it’s normal to me.

My issue is that it starts weeks beforehand and yesterday I almost lost parts of my body as did the dog from someone letting one off at body level in the street where I was walking. I live in the UK for goodness sake, I’m not signed up with the army in Afghanistan.

No issue with that.
If it is any consolation, it's over in a few weeks.

I cycle on the Chase. Every time, without fail, I pass people with dogs off leads (despite signs all over the place saying to keep them on the lead, for their own safety as much as others - adders).
You can spot the idiots a mile off, because when the see you , they frantically start shouting their dog, trying to shackle it. Why? Because they know it can't be trusted to not chase /bark /bite?
I stopped taking the kids on their bikes up there some years ago, because you couldn't go anywhere without being chased or menaced by a hound. For a six or seven year old, it's not just terrifying, it could result in serious injury or worse.

I hear what you’re saying. When someone commits a serious driving offence for example they are banned, if someone commits an act of cruelty to an animal they are banned from keeping animals. If someone commits an act of abuse and/or assault towards another they are imprisoned and/or banned from making contact with that person.

It’s not the fireworks fault for being amazing to watch as they pop and bang in the sky. It’s those that use them improperly who are spoiling it for everyone else. So how do you ban these ‘scrotes’ from buying/using them? I don’t see how anyone can feasibly enforce that in reality. So, the only other option is to ban them for general sale to the public, as far as I can see.

You can't ban something because some idiots misuse something. How many die on the roads due to alcohol, alcohol isn't essential either, it's mpossible to stop people getting in cars over the limit, so let's ban alcohol. Anyway the petition was discussed in parliament today and summarily dismissed.

I was asking , until you had a pop yourself. So I responded in kind.

Honestly, one can't even ask a genuine question on here lately, without (specifically, you and Notch) taking the hump.

You posted about the selfishness of those who let off fireworks (fine), then also posted that you hoped barking dogs annoyed them.

Respect and sociability is a two - way street.
LOL - did you not see the LOL I wrote about dogs? The response was amusement to the amusing post above by Ihaveno.
Really, why do you (specifically) get the hump so easily and readily now and not see lighthearted 'bants' for what it is?
Please also point me to where I said people who have fireworks are selfish - I'd like to see that.

You don't want respect and thanks for the lecture about a two-way street, lol. You just want to try and pull me up whenever you can, even if the opportunity isn't there and all in your imagination.
Calm the fook down.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

You can't ban something because some idiots misuse something. How many die on the roads due to alcohol, alcohol isn't essential either, it's mpossible to stop people getting in cars over the limit, so let's ban alcohol. Anyway the petition was discussed in parliament today and summarily dismissed.

Drugs are banned as are firearms and explosives... well apart from the firework kind anyway.

LOL - did you not see the LOL I wrote about dogs? The response was amusement to the amusing post above by Ihaveno.
Really, why do you get the hump so easily and readily now and not see lighthearted 'bants' for what it is?
Please also point me to where I said people who have fireworks are selfish - I'd like to see that.

You don't want respect and thanks for the lecture about a two-way street, lol. You just want to try and pull me up whenever you can, even if the opportunity isn't there and all in your imagination.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

You clearly have a problem with me.
I don't have one with you. Honestly.
You reckon I have become very tetchy with you.
Fine, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
If it matters, I feel you have done the same with me.

Fresh start?
Quits?
Shake hands?
(genuinely meant:)).

Doesn't mean I won't disagree with you if I genuinely feel that way, but I'll be disagreeing with the point, not with the person.

Can't say fairer than that:)

No issue with that.
If it is any consolation, it's over in a few weeks.

I cycle on the Chase. Every time, without fail, I pass people with dogs off leads (despite signs all over the place saying to keep them on the lead, for their own safety as much as others - adders).
You can spot the idiots a mile off, because when the see you , they frantically start shouting their dog, trying to shackle it. Why? Because they know it can't be trusted to not chase /bark /bite?
I stopped taking the kids on their bikes up there some years ago, because you couldn't go anywhere without being chased or menaced by a hound. For a six or seven year old, it's not just terrifying, it could result in serious injury or worse.

I’m not one of ‘those’ dog owners... ‘those’ dog owners annoy me too.

You clearly have a problem with me.
I don't have one with you. Honestly.
You reckon I have become very tetchy with you.
Fine, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
If it matters, I feel you have done the same with me.

Fresh start?
Quits?
Shake hands?
(genuinely meant:)).

Doesn't mean I won't disagree with you if I genuinely feel that way, but I'll be disagreeing with the point, not with the person.

Can't say fairer than that:)
You clearly have spoiled for a fight over this post. Out of nothing. I've not implied or said the things you think I have said, and yet it didn't stop you lording it over.
Fuc off quite frankly. I'd rather you were someone who just had the balls to say you got it wrong. I may then have respect for you and be willing to 'shake hands' instead of this stupid post above and the one before.

Can dogs be trained not to ever bite/attack people?
Dogs can be trained not to bite, but as with all animals, you shouldn't trust them 100% imo. I don't think I trust anything or anyone 100%!

Sunshine - Ellal properly dislikes dogs, some months ago we had a chat about it. Nothing you can say will make him ever like a dog..

You clearly have spoiled for a fight over this post. Out of nothing. I've not implied or said the things you think I have said, and yet it didn't stop you lording it over.
Fuc off quite frankly. I'd rather you were someone who just had the balls to say you got it wrong. I may then have respect for you and be willing to 'shake hands' instead of this stupid post above and the one before.

Go on then. What have I got wrong. If I agree, I'll apologise.

Sponsored Links
Back