No flow from mains to re-pressurise combo boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My boiler is working fine re. heating the hot water but as the pressure has dropped on the closed central heating circuit we have no heating.

The boiler has an external metal hose loop fitted for re-pressurisng but when I open the two valves (the double check valve with isolator on the mains side and the isolator on the central heating side) there is no flow of water.

I've disconnected the hose on the mains side and opened the valve there to see if its working and no water came out when I did this, so there seems to be a problem with the mains water flowing through this valve (the DCV with isolator). There is no problem with the mains pressure itself as the cold taps are working and its flowing into the boiler and coming out hot from the hot taps, it just doesn't seem to pass through this valve when I open it.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?

Sponsored Links
Make sure the valve spindle is turning, sometimes the handle just turns .

Thanks for the quick reply.

As long as I turn off the mains supply and open the taps to relieve the pressure first, is it a simple case of replacing the faulty valve like for like?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back