No heating but hot water fine Honeywell programmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone
I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me if my programmer or something else is at fault...

Woke up this morning and radiators cold. Boiler and h/w working ok. Checked programmer (Honeywell ST9400C) and the heating had somehow turned itself off overnight.
When I press the heating mode button I hear a very soft click, however when I press the h/w mode button I hear a louder click.
Could this mean that the switch has had it? Or could it be a problem elsewhere eg 2 port motorised valve faulty? (The valve head was replaced a month or so ago and everything has been fine since then).
Is there any way I can check to see which it may be, or anything else?

Thanks for any opinions in advance
Andy

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Oops just realised there was an error in my post. Have edited so hopefully it makes more sense!

Afternoon all
Have been playing with the buttons on the programmer and if I turn the hw to off and the heating to on, the heating works!!
I've also been reading that sometimes hw and heating together can be a problem with the Honeywell ST9400C so this may well be it.
Anyone know if I leave it so the hw and ch don't cone on together it will keep going, or is it time for a new programmer?
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back