Honeywell Motorised Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week or so, radiatiors occasionally have been staying on, even though Room Thermostat is set low and c/h programmer switched to H/W only. Checked lever on motorised valve when system powered off and there is resistance to move lever to the right and it returns to the left again. System is currently behaving itself heating h/w only. Asked local heating engineer and he says the honeywell motorised valve probably needs replacing and quoting me £150 to replace it . :mad: Says the whole system will need draining down. Do you think this is a correct diagnosis and what about this cost? :rolleyes: Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
yep can't really see a problem with that for a complete ball and plate plus head unit diagnosis and price seem fair.

Before you invest in a new valve you could try removing the motorhead of the valve off the spindle.( I think secured with torq head screws).
I did this on a honeywell valve and when I turned the spindle by hand I found some resistance. A good dose of WD 40 worked in by turning by hand cured it.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A word of caution here!

Be advised that not all valves have removeable heads. Older type will result in you getting VERY wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back