No heating but hot water working ok. HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have a Worcester Junior 28i boiler and tonight is the first night after the summer where we've tried to turn on the central heating. The central heating is not working, the gas burner indicator doesn't turn on but hot water is working ok.

The boiler has a constant blue light (i read online if it flashing blue it can indicate a fault). The pressure of the boiler was low so ive now repressurise it. I have pressed the reset button to no avail. There is no thermostat apart from a dial on the boiler, ive tried setting that to the highest value.

The boiler seems to be turning over but the gas bruner light doesn't start. Once the gas burner light did switch on after a reset but turned off after less than a minute.

Before i call an engineer does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
with the details you've given i haven't a clue also it has no pilot ;)

better off waiting for an engineer

with the details you've given i haven't a clue also it has no pilot ;)

better off waiting for an engineer

Sorry my fault, obviously not a pilot light. I meant to write 'gas burner light'. Ive rewritten my original post so i hope it makes more sense?

Any feedback would be appriciated?

Sponsored Links
The boiler has a constant blue light (i read online if it flashing blue it can indicate a fault).
no its this bit (y) . if you want help you need to do a little work yourself either look in the manual and work out the morse code :ROFLMAO: ( light sequence will become clear after reading ;) or post a video with what the boiler is doing with a heating demand with sound

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back