No hot or cold water upstairs but cold working downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a gas combi heating system. I woke this morning to -14 degrees outside here in Aberdeen and thankfully the heating system working. What I cannot understand is although there is plenty of cold water downstairs there is no hot water downstairs or cold water upstairs. I do know the hot water out is reliant on cold water in so it is obviously not getting to the boiler which is in the eves of the loft upstairs, but where is it trapped or is it frozen or is it something else?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
At minus 14 I would guess frozen pipework.Hair dryer required and take it easy up in that loft.

Oh the irony of not having any hair! Now where is the wifes hairdryer? Thanks for the reply. Did suspect the temp had something to do with it but just wanted to check first. Will let you know. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sorted! Frozen it was but luckily no burst. Nightmare to find and ended up crawling under floor space. Absolutely frozen myself. Away to get new lagging.
cheers and thanks for the advice. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back