no hot pressure from thermostatic power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a triton as2000xt thermostatic power shower in the bathroom...it was there when we moved in.
It seems to mix the hot water from the hot water tank and cold water from the cistern tank.
However, when we put it on and turn the dial towards the hot settings the pressure drops to practically a dribble.
All the hot water taps in our house are really low pressure anyway and the shower head itself isnt that far above the hotwater tank level but i would have thought that a power shower would be able to pump the hot water to create enough pressure...is this correct?
Is there anything i can do to fix this?
Is there anything i can do in general to boost the pressure for our hot water taps etc.

I'm also starting to wonder why i dont just put in a proper electric shower which heats the water instead of just mixing it like we have in our en suite. Is there any reason why you would want to have a mixer type instead?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.
Nope, no idea what that is...this shower was here when we moved in (turn key house so brand new about a year ago).
We never used it until recently.
Should a power shower like this be able to compensate for the really low hot water pressure?
Like i said the hot water for the entire house is quite weak from every tap so i was wondering if this is the problem and what can be done about it?

Thanks!

Should a power shower like this be able to compensate for the really low hot water pressure?
thats why it's a power shower it has an internal pump.

Like i said the hot water for the entire house is quite weak from every tap so i was wondering if this is the problem and what can be done about it?
Thanks!

the taps pressure is another issue and can be sorted by fitting a pump.
the issue with the shower is more likely a filter blockage or the hot supply is airlocked or the isolation valve is not fully open.

this is the instructions to the shower read them they show you how to check the filters etc.

TRITON AS2000XT

Sponsored Links
Hey man...thanks for that...appreciate your effort!
I'll take a look at that.

Hi,
Strangely enough I had a similar problem with a customer of mine. I solved the poor flow by adjusting the ball cock in the tank in the loft so the water level was as high as possible without going above overflow pipe of course.
The increase in water in the tank improved the hot water flow to all taps as well as the shower.
You see the problem is the power shower is being "starved" of water and therefore has nothing to pump.
If it's not possible to raise the water level in the tank, then you will have to either raise the tank onto some platform or increase the size of the tank.
I'll be interested in how you get along. All the best.

the height of the cws will have no effect on the pressure from this shower
as the internal pump controls that so won't make any difference if the tanks 4" or 4' above the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back