No hot water after replacing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope somebody can give me advice. I recently replaced the shower in the downstairs shower room. Since then there is no hot water only cold water. Can this be an airlock in the hot water pipe ?

The old shower use to work without a problem.

Regards

Henk

Sponsored Links
How about a teency weency bit of information about your shower? Make, model, colour, serial number, date of manufacture, any distinguishing marks, ethnic origin, weight, shoe size, etc?

It is silver, looks like a ufo, has a shower head.

It is a normal mixer shower not a power shower or electrical shower. I bought it at Wickes. I will be able to get more information of the box tonight.

Thanks

Whatever the problem is, it is NOT an air lock.

Sponsored Links
Check whether it needs high or low pressure/head - and what have you actually got?????

I have checked and this is the shower I installed : CROYDEX H2O HYDRO-POWERED MIXER

Features from the box:
Platinum chrome.
No need for electrical connections or a pump.
Combines cold water from the mains with hot water from your tank.
Saturating shower head, with rub clean; nozzles.
Effective with both low and high mains water pressures.
Safety shut-off if the cold supply is interrupted.
Easy to fit - full instructions included.
Suitable for all plumbing systems, including combination boilers

I tested the shower again and I get some hot water if i keep the nossel lower than knee hight.

Thank you

Seeing that I am the only one replying to my own post, way break the trend.

I think I found the problem; the cold water feed is from the tank and not the mains, so I believe that the pressure is not high enough.

I now have two choices, either replace the shower again or connect the cold water feed to the mains. I don't know which is easier.

Henk

Bothah
Reroute your pipe from the shower so that it connects onto the pipe supplying your cold water cistern/tank and cap off your supply from tank :)
Should be a thermostatic shower though :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back