No hot water from shower...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bristan shower which has been working fine for the past 2 years until a couple of weeks ago.

It now only produces cold water, regardless of what water temperature it's turned up to. The only way I can make it produce hot water is if I turn on the cold tap from the bath... This vastly reduces the pressure of the shower, but at least hot water comes out!

Any ideas what's causing this and how I can fix it?

People have said there could be an "airlock", but I've left the shower running for a while, removed and replaced the head/pipe section but it's still the same.

Obviously hot water can make it out of the shower, as proved by turning on the cold water bath tap, which seems to "force" hot water down the shower.

Help! Winters coming and cold showers won't be so appealing!

This is the model, if it helps.

Design Utility Club Bar Shower with Adjustable Riser & Fast Fix Connections Chrome Plated. Part Number: DUC SHXARFF C

Sponsored Links
Can you feel the hot pipe to the bar mixer is it hot ?
if so i would remove mixer and check the inlet filters in the rear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back