No hot water (Baxi Combi 105e)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie here. Currently have a problem with no hot water. The pilot light doesn't seem to light light when we turn on the taps, nor does the light for hot water. The pilot comes on fine for heating. A few days ago the water took ages to come through hot - today, nothing. We've got a Baxi Combi 105e

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
HI

does the boiler come on in CH mode ?

Yes, the pilot lights when we turn on the Central Heating so that appears to be ok....nothing happens when we try for hot water, no light comes on to indicate the water is on, etc.

Reading other threads (and the reply above yours) it sounds like a Diaphragm problem but I'm not sure where it is exactly, what it looks like or how to service it...

Sponsored Links
HI

it is located inside the boiler on the bottom front left hand side.diaphragm costs few quid.easy to replace if any experience with the boiler otherwise it can be a nightmare. :D

Thanks for the replies. Having spent a little time looking at it it appears that the pushrod pin isn't connecting with the microswitch braket enough to push the switch in to ignite the pilot. Not sure if the pushrod has worn or if the root problem (as some are suggesting) is the diaphragm (not sure what role that plays in all of this)

I had a look with the water on and the pin comes out but not enough to make a strong enough connection with the bracket to push the switch. So, i padded the bracket up to reduce the distance between the pin and the switch though making sure the switch isn't constantly on. Now when I turn on the taps, the pilot lights and there's hot water. It's a bit cobbled but for now it works. My mate reckons if the DHW valve needs replacing it's £150,....a bit of cardboard and some tape seems to be doing to trick at the moment. Probably a death trap, though :LOL: :oops:

As the first reply mentioned you just need a new diaphragm, easy DIY job. Even easier change the valve prt No. 248063

15 Quid will fix it proper and takes less time to do than your heath robertson effort

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back