No hot water from new Vaillant ecotec boiler.

its common courtesy to reply mate we all try to help people so it would be nice to get feedback. it must be simple if technical solved it, they must have been given more info than us

Ture Bunnyman, I should not tease, as I really really do appreciate the response. But I did post a clue with the honeywell room stat. Apparently, he connected the room stat up incorrectly (which dre m attention to the fact he hadn't installed the ailliant stat) and when tis was doneit has worked. I have no ideawrong,, given it is oly wo wires, but he did,, and when he altered it,, hey presto.

Im no expert on boilers and plumbing, but i know enough of the basics to be pretty sure the room state only controls the central heating, not the domestic hot water.

Sponsored Links
The job is in NW London and he charged £780-00.

The installer did eventually ring Vaillant tech support, and they came up with a solution.

I also live in NW London, makes me a bit worried with people like that around.

He did not charge much less that I would have.

I dont see what connections would have spoilt the DHW delivery ( except crossing over the sensors but that usually has the opposite effect ).

Tony

What if he didn't wire a permanant live to the boiler only when he switched the room stat did this become obvious to him.

The job is in NW London and he charged £780-00.

The installer did eventually ring Vaillant tech support, and they came up with a solution.

I also live in NW London, makes me a bit worried with people like that around.

He did not charge much less that I would have.

I dont see what connections would have spoilt the DHW delivery ( except crossing over the sensors but that usually has the opposite effect ).

Tony

wow, you charge £800 odd quid to fit a new boiler? Is this just the labour or does this include the boiler?

No wonder people say Gas Men can print their own money lol! I think I need a career change!

Sponsored Links
That includes everything except the new boiler! Reasonable boilers cost more than £900 !

Solicitors usually charge at least £300 an hour in their own offices!

That includes everything except the new boiler! Reasonable boilers cost more than £900 !

Solicitors usually charge at least £300 an hour in their own offices!

that really is awesome, good on you I say, if you can earn that sort of money then why not! Wish i'd taken up plumber when I was younger!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back