No hot water in kitchen ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble with bungalow, i have hot water coming from tap in bathroom which is next to the bedroom where the cylinder tank is located.
however i do not have any hot water coming out of the tap in the kitchen.

there is an isolater valve below, which appears to turn with little problem.
any ideas gratefully received......

Sponsored Links
could be air lock if hot pipe drops seperately to sink or the taps nacked

airlock. mixer tap?? turn hot on then cup hand over spout and turn cold on , cold water will shoot up hot pipe pushing air out the way. may take a few attempts

Sponsored Links
however i do not have any hot water coming out of the tap in the kitchen.

Are you getting cold water out of the hot water tap or nothing at all? i.e no water from the tap?

Is it a mixer tap recently fitted,or seperate hot and cold tap which has just developed this problem.

i replaced the same sink and tap that i took out. i believe the only change has been an added elbow and a dishwasher connected.

in case anyone else gets this problem i managed to solve it by:
stripping the tap and cleaning everything making sure nothing inside that shouldn't be.
disconnecting pipe then doing yoga to get into a position to blow up the pipes and down the pipes.
this seemed to clear whatever was causing the problem as we had quite a lot of gurgling and spluttering and finally - bingo, hot water..

another succesful post :)

...yoga to get into a position to blow up the pipes and down the pipes....
this seemed to clear whatever was causing the problem as we had quite a lot of gurgling and spluttering ......

Let's not take this out of context :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back