No Hot Water No heating Rads half empty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres the info

Baxi Boiler
Grundfos Selectric pump

got up this morning to no hot water, the pump is very hot to the touch and the boiler does ignite if the stat is turned right up, it then boils the water in the boiler and turns off. I wen to bleed the rads to see if it was an airlock and their isnt much water in any f the upstairs rads, is this just the pump has gone or is there a problem with the incoming water supply. All taps in the house have water

thanks in advance a cool and unwashed Remoh1

Sponsored Links
Baxi what? Combi?
If there's a small header tank in the loft make sure it has water in it.

ChrisR said:
Baxi what? Combi?
If there's a small header tank in the loft make sure it has water in it.

spot on ChrisR

ball valve had stuck. I have now sorted the valve and the tank has refilled, had to take out the bleed screw in the pump and turn manually to get some cold water into it and leave it to cool down before it would restart now all I have left to do is to get the air out of the system, I had the pump on 1 and bleed the rads, turned pump to 2 heard more gurgling so i bled the rads its now on 3 and I have just bled the rads again. I will reset it to its orginal setting of 2 shortly then bleed rads again later.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question ChrisR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back