No hot water or central heating...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...I have a combo compact boiler and work up this morning to find I have no hot water or central heating.

Both were working fine last night.. Can anyone give me any ideas on what this might be before I blow £90 on a British gas call out.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It's a intergas combo contact HRE (don't know what exact model) since it's in loft, was put in just over a year ago and couldn't get up there this morning.

Thanks

Also say where you are as we might be able to suggest an independent.

A BG repair is likely to come to more like £200.

have you checked the system pressure is about 1.5 and the settings are correct?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

British gas have the one off cost for repair for £89 on their website which apparently includes everything and I wouldn't want to get someone in without a reference.

I havent had a look at the boiler yet because I couldn't get in loft this morning so have no idea why it isn't working.

I was looking for pointers so I could check when I got home

If it's a year old call Intergas or better still the installer, as it's still under warranty.

I seriously doubt BG would know what an Intergas looks like let alone repair it. :rolleyes:

If it was installed by an Intergas approved installer and thus warrants the five year warrantee then the installer has been on the manufacturer's training course and should have an inkling of how to repair them.

BG largely employ nupties who dont have any significant interest in boilers and for them its just a job to pay the bills.

Its rather the heating enthusiasts who answer posts on here who have mostly taken an interest to find out about Intergas boilers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back