No hot water - radiators working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 40 HE A.

The heating aspect of the boiler is running just fine, (its hot and sunny, I don't need it but it's running fine). The hot water is not.

When I turn the hot tap on I get cold water. The boiler hot water light comes on, and then the temperature display rises rapidly. It gets up to 98/99 degrees and the boiler starts to thump and fart.

On advice from here I fitted a new diverter repair kit, and a new motor to successfully fix a different problem back in February (https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/radiators-not-heating-up.476607/)

The system has been power flushed and a magnetic filter fitted.

Any advice as to what this might be the problem / fix.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Oh and it seems there is a fair old amout of water from the black rubber hose at the back of the boiler that comes down from the upper chamber. Opening up that chamber, there doesn't seem to be any clear source of the leak. The water coming out is yellowish (like radiator/inhibitor mix).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back