No hot water to any tap..advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a family member had a fairly long power shower last night. Towards the end the water flow reduced and so we turned it off.

Ever since then there is no hot water supply to any tap in the house. (a very minimal dribble and then nothing)

I have checked the header tank and they seem to be topped up ok and fill a little if I push the ballcock down.

The house is only 8 years old so all the equipment should be fairly new.

I have had problems with the power shower before where it 'seems' to have emptied the hot water tank but this has usually been an airlock that I have been able to clear.

Could this be an airlock of monstrous proportions?

Any advice greatly appreciated, 3 smelly kids and a wife to wash.

Sponsored Links
Mixer tap in kitchen, turn hot tap on and then cup your hand over the nozzle turn cold on and it will force itself up the hot supply pipe pushing airlock out the way, may take a couple of attempts and you will get wet :LOL:

Mixer tap in kitchen, turn hot tap on and then cup your hand over the nozzle turn cold on and it will force itself up the hot supply pipe pushing airlock out the way, may take a couple of attempts and you will get wet :LOL:

Consider yourself a god in our household, worked a treat. Even though I did it for about 5 minutes before realising I'd left the hot tap closed.

Kids and wife smelling better by the minute.

Anyone have any idea why this seemsto occur after the showr has been used for say 20 minutes?

Sponsored Links
Next time someones in the shower go and check the tank to see if its filling fast enough to cope with the demand, could be ball valve sticking to side of tank, new washer required, debris in the feed pipe etc or maybe something else (could be obvious if you have a look)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back