Hot water taps, nothing.

na if there is cold water flowing from the tank to taps then its ok :idea:

I checked the hot tank, there is 4 pipes attached. One at bottom, one at top then one just above middle and one below the middle. The one above the middle is hot for about a foot then is cold, is this the airlock?

Is this the copper cylinder you're talking about? If it is.....
The top pipe is hot water out to the taps, continuing as an expansion pipe, curving over the loft larger tank;
The bottom one is cold water in, from the large loft tank;
The other two are the flow (top one) from the boiler and the return (bottom one) back to the boiler. This is the heating coil, inside the copper cylinder.
Check that the larger loft tank is full.
The reason you still have an airlock is that you aren't pushing enough water back to the tank to clear the bubble...its just going back to its old place again. If you can get someone to listen to the loft tank, they'll probably hear the bubble as it comes through. You cant (theoretically) overfill the loft tank - it has an overflow.
John :)

Sponsored Links
na if there is cold water flowing from the tank to taps then its ok :idea:

I checked the hot tank, there is 4 pipes attached. One at bottom, one at top then one just above middle and one below the middle. The one above the middle is hot for about a foot then is cold, is this the airlock?

Is this the copper cylinder you're talking about? If it is.....
The top pipe is hot water out to the taps, continuing as an expansion pipe, curving over the loft larger tank;
The bottom one is cold water in, from the large loft tank;
The other two are the flow (top one) from the boiler and the return (bottom one) back to the boiler. This is the heating coil, inside the copper cylinder.
Check that the larger loft tank is full.
The reason you still have an airlock is that you aren't pushing enough water back to the tank to clear the bubble...its just going back to its old place again. If you can get someone to listen to the loft tank, they'll probably hear the bubble as it comes through. You cant (theoretically) overfill the loft tank - it has an overflow.
John :)

Yeah it is the copper round cylinder.

I checked the big tank in the loft and it is a veyr awkward space so I could only dip arm into the tank through a hole where the stopcock is. It was less than half full and not filling so I gave the stopcock a wiggle and it is filling up again. Ill try fixing the air locks again once it stops filling.

The pipes run exactly as you said. So the airlock should come out of the pipe hanging over the big cw tank? Which is connected to the top of the hw cylinder?

Thanks

I just heard a big gurlging noise while I has doing it, I left it on a bit longer just to make sure, that must have been it!!!!! Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back