No hot water unless heating is on

Sponsored Links
The wiring from the metal box goes to 6 7 and 8

Attachments

• 16351038208825515942283926181901.jpg
    16351038208825515942283926181901.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
It seems when I turn on hot water the actuator isn't moving across to open. If u then manually move it across and turn hot water off the actuator moves across to closed itself.

Silly question also. Should the boiler be on all the time? As in have power to it even if hot water tank is full and heating isn't on

It seems when I turn on hot water the actuator isn't moving across to open. If u then manually move it across and turn hot water off the actuator moves across to closed itself.
This is likely the problem, it’s possibly the motor jamming.

Silly question also. Should the boiler be on all the time? As in have power to it even if hot water tank is full and heating isn't on
Depends on what boiler, a lot do have just power to them, but only fire up when the switch live makes in the valve.

I think Ive had 2 problems. 1 with the actuator. And another where I've had the main live in the Heating on and the live which should be in the Heating on in the permanent live.

So the boiler was only getting power when the heating was turned on.

Does that make sense?

It's like spaghetti junction down the Back of the fuse box

No Andy wrong one lol

Sounds like it’s just the hot water actuator, boiler was only firing once heating made, if the hot water one was stuck, This was getting the heating water as well.

Thanks for the help. I have set hot water to be on all the time and pulled the actuator to open so as long as it doesn't go off It should be okay. Time will tell. Thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If you’ve set it to manual, and it works, it’ll need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back