no hot water without heating on too

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hot water will not work with out heating on too. Boiler is glow worm(not combi) with two valves. I get 240v at orange cable on the hot water valve when hot water selected but boiler will not fire. if i put heating on too the boiler fires and i get hot water and heating. but dont want heating in summer.
help, thanks

Sponsored Links
the 240 on the orange of the hot water valve is probably back feed from the heating valve , try the hot water on its own and see what happens , chances are the micro switch in the hot water valve is not making contact.

the 240 on the orange of the hot water valve is probably back feed from the heating valve , try the hot water on its own and see what happens , chances are the micro switch in the hot water valve is not making contact.

Sponsored Links

ok i will try it and get back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back