No Hot water!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have a really old Balmforth boiler which is used to heat the water, which is then stored in a cylinder up stairs. It used to supply hot air heating. The problem i have, is that yesterday i didnt have any hot water. It was working fine before. Now the airing cupboard is not warm anymore and the cylinder is not warm. But when i feel the pipes coming from the boiler, they are red hot. The pilot light is ignited. There is a glugging noise now coming from the boiler. Could this be a pump that is faulty? As i think that the water is not being pumped upstairs to the cylinder. I'm not sure though and im not a plumber.

Also as i have no central heating im looking to get this installed in March, with a new boiler being fitted. However, i cant wait another day without hot water....

Does anyone know, where the problem lies and how much it will cost to fix it?

Meddy :confused:

Sponsored Links
Has it got a pump? If so , could be jammed/kaput and requires replacing. Or could be an air lock? Don,t you have a regular plumber/ heating man to service it who you can rely on? Failing that at least you can use a kettle to boil water for cooking/ cleaning :) :)

check there is water in the header tank

Sponsored Links
Andy....kettles are for cups a tea a plenty not for bathing!

Not sure if it actually has a pump, was just guessing....ive run the taps for ages thinking it might be an air lock. Im puzzled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back