No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a saunier duval semia f24e condensing boiler.
The problem is i have recently noticed that the hot water was running cool. The boiler/burner flame lights, stays on for about 5 seconds and cuts off and fires up again for 5 secs.
It does this in heating mode too. I have checked the flame rectification probes and leads, is there anything elase to check before i go out and throw 120 quid at an ignition module?
please help!!

Sponsored Links
Don't know this boiler, but I would be looking at the fan venturi, aps pipes and the aps before throwing £120 away.

All RGI territory though.

id change he and dhw thermistors for a start. see what happens there

I think that you need the CORGI registered engineer as Dave says.

Nathan does not seem to be registered!

Tony

Sponsored Links
well tony your right in one respect i dont have my own corgi number but i can assure you ive passed my acs and ive got all my appliances did my training in leeds at a big place called british gas. so dont start coming out with all your bitchy comments and snidey remarks because saying stuff like that is kinda childish but you really must have a chip on your shoulder i come on here to see if i could pass some info and vice versa but with toilets like you on well i reckon ill not bother... see ya sado

HI

1. DHW sensor faulty/loose wire
2.DHW heat ex blocked

but as TONY said get RGI

thanks for all the help.
I am corgi registered by the way, just wanted a few extra ideas.
let you know how i get on.

I have tested the only thermistor on the boiler and its working to its specification.
The problem only arises once the boiler is up to its highest temperature. This happens in c/h and d/h/w mode, fires up then shuts off.... Repeats
This one has me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back