no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Bristan shower and am not getting any hot water from it. I do however get hot water from the taps in the bath / sink / kithchen and other bathroom. My firend says that he doesn't think it is the boiler. Any suggestions on where to start?

Sponsored Links
check the hot pipe to the shower is it hot ?
what boiler is it running off ?

Sponsored Links
it won't be the boiler as you have stored hot water and the other taps are hot.
grs4.gif

hi

pipe is not hot

have just spoken to Bristan and they have said they will post a new thermostatic cartridge (missed out on fist post that it is a bar shower) out as it is less than 5 years old - they believe this to eb the likely cause. Are these easy to fit. Am more than willing to give it a go - any tips?

thanks

have you tried turning the temp from cold to hot a few times as this can free the cartridge.
yes they are easy to fit.
it can also be a non return valve stuck.

have tried turning from hot to cold a few times but no joy. Bristan say I will receive a new cartridge on Monday which seems pretty good service. Will swap them over and see if that work - if not will get back on here! thansk for your help/comments - appreciate the quick response

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back